Aquapuncture specializes in non-intrusive data acquisition on water pipe networks. Our clients enlist our services in order to address the following needs:
- Proof of available flow and pressure capacity in a water network at a new proposed development. This information assists in obtaining a water connection approval from council.
- Proof of available pressure in the water network for fire-fighting purposes.
- Determining the operational characteristics of a large water network and detecting problem areas that need upgrading.
- Measuring actual usages of development types in order to accurately generate demand patterns for the design of new water networks.
- Identifying pressure spikes in water networks.
- Leak detection across water networks.
The logging of water and pressure data on these networks are executed with the following equipment:
- Flow logging: We use ultrasonic flow loggers that has to be installed in existing water meter chambers or on already exposed pipes. The equipment that we use to record the data is the Katronic Katflow 210 flow meter.
- Pressure logging: We use the Global water PL200-G pressure logger that is installed on a neighboring properties' stand pipes. We can also provide pressure loggings while recording the flow in a nearby hydrant to indicate the impact of increased flow on the pipeline's pressure.